Mold becomes an issue in a home or business once there is excessive wetness or humidity for an extended amount of time.
The mold will originate from unexpected water releases, such as a burst pipe or massive spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, like a leaky roof or plumbing.
Even high moisture or warm, damp air condensing on cool surfaces will trigger mildew issues. It is usually best to have the mildew evaluated and removed by a licensed technician.
If You Think There is a Mold Issue in Your Home; Ask Yourself the Following Questions:
- Can you see visible mold growth? Check in places where it is more common to find moisture such as bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- Do you notice an odor? Is it musty or sour? This smell is a common sign of mold growth.
- Do you notice any evidence of excessive moisture or condensation?
It is Important to Remember That:
- Mold comes in many different colors and can look fuzzy, slimy, or sticky.
- If building materials have been damp for more than 24 hours, you most likely have mold growth.
- If you have areas where you detect a musty odor, you could possibly have midden mold growth.
- Mold can grow underneath and behind wall boards, wall paper, carpet, and furniture.
Process of Mold Remediation
The process of mold remediation will take from hours to days, it amount of time depends on how massive the area of contamination is and also on how much moisture is present.
“Before you remove any protective sealing from a section that has been thoroughly cleaned, make sure that it is completely dry. This may prevent mildew particles from re-entering the realm and beginning to grow everywhere again while it’s still damp.”
At United Water Restoration Inc., we work with the issues, crises and challenges that occur to property which are caused by water, fire and storm injury. Mildew is the quiet and dangerous secondary issue that always comes when water damage has occurred. Mold is typically a problem all on its own. It spreads silently within the structure.
If you’ve found discovered mildew or are concerned you will have a mold issue, our trained professionals will help.