Sewage and waste damages can pose hazardous conditions and lead to serious health risks. A United Water Restoration technician can remediate the initial damage and provide information for the best solution. Having a plan before the problem arises will speed up the restoration process. It’s recommended that you follow these DO’s and DONT’s to reduce health risks and increase the chances of a successful restoration.
- DO stay out of affected areas.
- DO call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- DO treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- DO turn off the HVAC system if sewage damage is present.
- DO NOT attempt any kind of cleanup.
- DO NOT touch items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
- DO NOT eat, drink, smoke, apply cosmetics, or handle contact lenses in affected areas.