About 37 million Americans suffer from sinusitis, which is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. The majority of these cases are caused by mold. Sinusitis is one of many dangers if there is black mold in your home. Even though black mold is less common, its toxins will life-threatening health issues. It is very important to find the specific mold type as quickly as possible. The most apparent signs of black mold are relevant to water leakage, as moisture is essential in its growth. Waterlogged structures and water intrusion are perfect environments for mold to thrive in, as well as areas with high humidity and buildings with poor ventilation.

The signs of mold growth are:

  • Discoloration or warping of walls, ceilings and floors
  • Cracked, peeling paint
  • Mildewy, musty odors
  • Loosening of drywall tape
  • Visible mold growth

If left untreated, black mold will lead to the following health problems:

  • Suppressed immune system
  • Respiratory problems
  • Asthma and bronchitis
  • Lung tissue damage
  • Eye, nose, throat, and skin irritation
  • Memory impairment
  • Irritable bowel syndrome
  • Body aches and pains
  • Food intolerance and allergies
  • Headaches and dizziness
  • Fatality

To prevent your home and health from reaching this destructive point, we highly recommend that you contact United Water Restoration Group as soon as possible. We are a full-service restoration company that deals in mold remediation, as well as fire, smoke, and water damage restoration. Our mold services are targeted to effectively identify and eliminate black mold. Give us a call today, 877-855-4145!