Hurricanes are robust storms that may be dangerously life-threatening as well as cause serious property-threatening hazards like flooding, storm surge, high winds, and tornadoes.
Preparation is the best protection against the hazards of a cyclone. Understand the difference between the threat levels and arrange consequently.
How to Prepare:
- Find a safe place for your family to weather the storm, such as a windowless room or a emergency shelter.
- Stock up on plenty of non-perishable food and water.
- Stock up on disaster supplies. For example; flashlights, batteries, plastic bags, rope, tarps, blankets, heavy clothing, matches, etc.
- Prepare your home with hurricane shutters or pre-cut plywood to fit your windows.
- Gather any loose items from your front and back yards, as well as decks and porches, and store them in your garage.
- Construct a family communication plan, whereas if you become separated you have a sure system of finding each other quicker.
- Check your insurance coverage.
- Make secure plans for your families pets. Unfortunately, most shelters will not accept pets.
- Keep a full tank of gas in your car.
Items to Pack:
- Non-perishable Food
- Drinking Water
- First Aid Kit
Hurricanes cause significant rains which will cause extensive flood damage. When hurricanes occur, everyone is in danger and may consider flood insurance protection. To learn more concerning your flooding risk and the way to shield yourself and your business, call United Water Restoration Inc. 1-800-743-2064 right now!