Mold remediation is the process of assessing, removing, and preventing mold growth in your home or business. The mold remediation professionals at United Water Restoration Group would like to cover everything you need to know about having a mold remediation consultation for your space.
If you are in need of a consultation, do not hesitate to call our hotline at (800) 430-5838. Our hotline is open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, and can place you in direct contact with a certified technician.
What Is a Mold Remediation Consultation?
When you call a professional mold removal company, the first thing they do is assess the mold in your home or commercial building and provide an estimate of how long it will take and how much it will cost to remove the growth and clean the area. This initial meeting is called a mold remediation consultation.
What’s the Difference Between an Inspection and a Remediation Consultation?
When you move into a new house, suffer water damage or spot mold, you may call a mold inspector instead of a mold remediation professional. However, if you call a mold inspector, they may not be qualified to perform remediation and removal. That’s when reputable remediation companies like United Water Restoration Group come in to assist.
Inspectors typically check for signs of mold growth that haven’t appeared yet, such as excess moisture. Removal experts use a remediation consultation to determine how to address the mold situation in addition to the problems causing it.
What to Expect During a Mold Remediation Consultation
A consultation can take anywhere between two and six hours, depending on many factors, such as how visible the mold growth is and how accessible the roots of the growth are for professionals to assess.
Some things that are standard for mold remediation consultations include:
- A general assessment of the mold growth, like the type and severity
- Testing of moisture levels
- Questions to you, the home- or building owner, about seeing mold, recent water damage, or respiratory symptoms of those who’ve been in the space
- A walkthrough of the whole removal and cleaning process
- Itemized estimate for work
How Much Does a Mold Remediation Consultation Cost?
According to Home Advisor, the cost of a mold inspection can vary in cost. However, a mold consultation may be free or cost a small fee, depending on the remediation company’s policy. Here are some factors that may impact the price of your inspection or resulting remediation consultation:
- How extensive the growth is
- Type of mold
- Whether you have air quality testing completed
- Whether you’re having a house or commercial space assessed
- Your geographical location
How to Know When You Need Mold Remediation Professionals
If you have any of the following signs, call for a mold remediation consultation to restore your space as soon as possible:
- Mold growth that’s more than 10 feet long or high
- Growth that spans more than one room
- Growth on porous surfaces like carpet, drywall, clothing, curtains, and wood
Having a mold remediation consultation is a great solution to hassle-free cleanup and long-term mold prevention for your space. If you’ve got mold, call us at (800) 430-5838 for a mold removal consultation today!