Suicide is a painful tragedy for any family, and cleaning up the area after the incident can be too hard for most people to handle on their own. Trusting trauma cleanup professionals to clean and restore the impacted space allows you to spend time with your family and begin moving on.
That’s why United Water Restoration Group would like to discuss the important process of suicide cleanup and how we can provide professional suicide cleanup services if you ever need us.
What Are Suicide Cleanup Services?
After someone takes their own life, emergency responders typically recover the person’s body and leave the scene as is. You can let trained suicide cleanup professionals clean, disinfect, restore, and deodorize the area so you and your family don’t have to.
The Importance of Choosing Suicide Cleanup Services
Losing a loved one to suicide can be very hard to process, but calling trauma cleanup professionals like United Water Restoration Group is an easy way to handle the tasks of restoring the home or property where the incident occurred. Suicide cleanup professionals can thoroughly, swiftly, and discreetly clean the site of this tragedy so you and your family can focus on healing.
Cleaning the site after a loved one’s death can be emotionally taxing, and this is especially true with suicides. Relieve yourself and your family of any additional trauma by trusting bioremediation professionals who are specially trained to restore these spaces.
Areas impacted by an individual’s death may be contaminated by decomposition, bodily fluids, and other biohazards. These professionals can disinfect the entire space and restore the area to livable conditions again so you don’t have to.
The Suicide Cleanup Process
Suicide cleanup professionals follow these steps to ensure an impacted space is thoroughly cleaned and safe:
- Assess the impacted area, documenting the amount and types of biohazard material.
- Isolate the space from the rest of the house or building to avoid spreading contamination.
- Remove and discard contaminated materials according to environmentally safe practices.
- Clean up all signs of biohazard material, including blood and bodily fluids.
- Disinfect the area using chemical cleaners to kill bacteria, viruses, and pathogens.
- Deodorize the area.
- Test for bloodborne pathogens.
What to Look for in Suicide Cleanup Professionals
When researching suicide cleanup services, look out for these characteristics to ensure you find experienced and trustworthy professionals to help your family:
- Specialized training: Trauma cleanup professionals complete in-depth training on best practices for discarding biohazards, cleaning various surfaces, and disinfecting areas to prevent contamination and illness. They are also trained in responsibly and safely using chemical cleaning solutions to effectively kills viruses, bacteria, and pathogens.
- Adherence to EPA and OSHA guidelines: They should always follow guidelines regarding the use of chemical cleaners and discarding biohazard materials.
- Certification: These professionals can demonstrate their understanding of EPA and OSHA guidelines by earning certifications from these agencies.
- Empathy and discretion: Suicide cleanup professionals understand the emotional time you and your family are going through, which is why they take the time to walk you through the process so you know what to expect. Many suicide cleanup professionals also arrive on-site in an unmarked vehicle to maintain your family’s privacy.